Learn more about the current year COPA USPRE Program.
PLEASE NOTE NEW DIRECTIVES FOR 2019
COPA USPRE (or USPRE Cup) takes its name from the national PRE Dressage High Point program in Spain called COPA ANCCE, which culminates in the SICAB Dressage Finals every November.
COPA USPRE is open to all USPRE members who are riding at the FEI levels, whether Open, AA, Youth, or Para Dressage. The Copa will pin a Champion and Reserve Champion at the end of the year based on the highest average scores from the following levels (excluding Freestyles):
- FEI Five Year Old—6 minimum scores
- FEI Six Year Old—6 minimum scores
- Small Tour—3 minimum scores from each test:
- Prix St. George
- Intermediare I
- Big Tour—3 minimum scores from each test:
- Grand Prix
- Grand Prix Special OR Grand Prix Freestyle
- Youth Divisions—3 minimum scores from both the Team and Individualtests. YR GP must submit 6 scores: *
- Junior, Young Rider, YR Grand Prix (U25 or Brentina Cup)
- Para Dressage—6 Minimum Scores (all levels)*
*Not Elegible for SICAB Finals
- Participants must submit a Declaration of Intent annually – Click here
- Scores from any USDF-sanctioned show or any CDI may be included in the tally, including scores that are applied to the FL or CA Series’ High Point Program.
- For CDIs, the highest score of the judging panel will be applied. Please note that it is the responsibility of the rider to submit the official score sheets from an international class in order to have the highest score applied to the ranking.
- Only scores of 62% or higher will be accepted.
- Contestants must have a minimum of 6 scores at their declared level (see above). All scores will be averaged. If the rider has more than 7 scores, the lowest score will be dropped.
- A COPA USPRE Champion and Reserve Champion will be named annually for each level and both will have earned the right to compete in the COPA ANCCE Finals at SICAB at corresponding levels.
- The COPA USPRE Champions and Reserve Champions will constitute the USPRE TEAM for the coming normal calendar year, and will receive USPRE TEAM saddle pads, clothing and media sponsorship.
- The scoring season will be consistent with the USDF Year: 30 Sept. – 30 Sept. Scores will be collected and verified from the USDF website by USPRE. A preliminary ranking will be posted approximately one month prior to September 30.