USPRE is pleased to announce that the 2013 ANCCE Spring Revision Tour will begin on 14 April 2013 on the last day of Feria del Caballo. Site planning is underway now. Breeders and owners interested in revising horses or hosting a Revision site are encouraged to contact the USPRE office as soon as possible.
ANCCE has recently announced some important changes to the revision procedures and standards. Whether you are an experienced breeder or new to the PRE revision process, please review the following information found on the ANCCE website: www.lgancce.com.
- Latest changes in the PRE Stud Book Rules & Regulations and the PRE Breeding Program (English version)
- New Assessment Record Sheet for Basic Approval as Breeding Stock and Genetic Assessment for Morphology (English version)
Due to the recent changes in revision procedures, the veterinary evaluation for each horse will take a little longer than in years past. Please plan accordingly.
PREREQUISITES FOR REVISION:
- The horse is inscribed in the Spanish Stud Book and has a passport issued by Cria Caballar or ANCCE. This passport must be presented with the horse at the time of revision.
- The horse have passed its third birthday at the time of revision.
- The ownership documentation is current in the Spanish Stud Book. Only the owner of record in the studbook may request revision for the horse. If the ownership of the horse in the studbook does not reflect the current owner, a change of ownership must be requested and paid by March 1.
- The owner or authorized farm representative must submit the completed Application for Service form and proof of payment by Sunday, March 31.
- The horse must stand calmly during the evaluation. Breeders and owners are strongly encouraged to expose their horses to measuring sticks and tape measures before presenting them at the Revision. If the veterinarian feels that the horse exhibits unsafe behavior during the Revision, the owner will be informed and the horse will be excused. If this occurs, the horse may be presented again at a future revision, but the owner will need to re-request the service and pay again.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Click here to register/pay online
- Click here to download the Application for Service (English) (Spanish).
- Complete this document, using Service Code 206.
- This document must be signed by the owner or authorized farm representative.
- Send via regular mail to the USPRE Office.
Registration deadline is March 31 – don’t delay!
Tanya Duffey, LG Business Services | email: email@example.com | Call the Office: 786-264-1108 | Fax: 888.959.0190