The USPRE Breeder’s Committee Chairman, Miguel Nunez traveled to Texcoco, Mexico for a scheduled meeting with ANCCE on Friday, March 28th 2008 at the Feria de Caballo Espanol. The attendees were as follows:
Javier Conde Cerrato, ANCCE President
Pedro Maza Iniguez, ANCCE Vice President
Jaime Molina, ANCCE Executive Director
Miguel Nunez, USPRE Breeder’s Committee Chairman
Jesus Jimenez, USPRE Breeder’s Committee Vice Chairman
The purpose of the meeting was to review LG progress and to further the interests of the Pure Spanish Horse and its Breeders in the United States. The highlights were as follows:
- The President of ANCCE congratulated the USPRE Breeder’s Committee and its Breeder volunteers for the unprecedented Inscription & Revision initiative in February 2008 for our P.R.E. horses in California which satisfied over 1200 requests for service. Javier Conde reaffirmed his commitment to continue the support for all future such undertakings for American Breeders.
- Javier Conde disclosed that the first Cartas for horses Inscribed in California in February will start reaching Breeders by the end of April 2008.
- USPRE Breeder’s Committee applied for and received approval for a 2008 sanctioned Morfologico show to be held at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds. To support this USPRE Breeder’s undertaking, Javier Conde offered to fully endorse the attendance of three (3) Judges.
- The President of ANCCE offered to organize clinics commencing May 2008 for those USPRE members desirous to learn how to present horses in competition.
- Miguel Nunez praised the diligence and work of Dr. Arancha Rodriguez and her staff which paved the path to the processing of a record number of services and the establishment of open lines of communications between American Breeders and the Stud Book.
- Miguel Nunez raised the topic of the approval of local American Veterinarians and Javier Conde confirmed that the LG is presently in the process of drafting a procedure.
- The President of ANCCE reaffirmed that Breeders should be cautious while researching P.R.E. information on the internet as MELPI is no longer granted access to Stud Book data.
The Board of USPRE wishes to extend its gratitude to the Exhibitors of the Texcoco competition for the cordial hospitality extended to our USPRE representatives.
Congratulations to the Campeon and Campeona de la Raza !