ANCCE STATEMENT FOR USA BREEDERS AND OWNERS
The Foundation for the Purebred Spanish Horse in the United States has offered a series of public communiqués expressing its intention to establish an unofficial register for PRE Horses.
ANCCE would like to clarify the following to all PRE horse breeders and owners in the United States:
1. ANCCE is the only Association that handles the PRE Stud Book. This Stud Book is the only one that exists for a PRE Horse anywhere in the world.
2. This responsibility arises from a Spanish Ministry of Agriculture Resolution dated December 11, 2007. The Ministry of Agriculture is the sole owner of said Stud Book as the PRE horse is a native breed to Spain, a fact that is recognized internationally.
3. The Ministry of Agriculture has rejected the direct application of the Foundation for the Purebred Spanish Horse in the United States for an independent collaboration in the administration of the Stud Book. This rejection was made by a Resolution dated December 17, 2007.
4. The Register created by the Foundation, known as “PRE Mundial”, will not be valid for the Stud Book (LG PRE).
5. ANCCE will not approve any activity organized by Foundation for the Purebred Spanish Horse in the United States, and this is extended to any other association linked to the so-called “PRE Mundial.” Foundation registrations, evaluations, conformational competitions, tribunals for qualified breeding stock and all other related events will not be approved by ANCCE for the Stud Book, the Book of Merits, the Selection Program, etc.
6. At the next meeting of the ANCCE Executive Board, to be held on February 15, 2008, the Board will initiate a disciplinary process against the Foundation for the Purebred Spanish Horse in the United States for their actions that will only lead to confusion among PRE breeders throughout the world and discredit the breed. The Executive Board will make their decision known to the ANCCE Board of Directors.
7. ANCCE is committed to providing Stud Book services to all PRE breeders and owners in the United States without any type of discrimination. To thisend, the guideline will be established and all necessary resources will be utilized for the correct provision of LG PRE (Stud Book) services.